Sunday, November 14, 2010

In Between Jobs – Pain or Pleasure?

Steve Jobs asked in 1985 a simple question, “How can you get fired from a company you started?” About one year ago I asked myself as well: “How could I be fired as CEO from a Company, which I have re-started for growth and over-delivered results despite the economical crisis and winning all 340 employees’ motivation?” Big shock after collecting official awards for the Best Employer, for the Best Innovation and for being the Discovery of the Year and one of top most influential women in the Czech Republic just few months before.
Steve Jobs said that he understood only few years later, how the dots needed to connect themselves: "The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods in my life." Steve Jobs reinvented himself. Today he is an icon and people remember just him. Those who removed him are professionally “buried” alive.
It is too early for such breakthroughs or announcements in my case. I am happy I am mastering the journey that has surprisingly opened itself in front of me and that has led me to new highs.
First days were like shock. I thought I never want to work again, when the performance plays no role and success is disadvantage. My thoughts were going in the direction I want to live an “ordinary” life, maybe it is more fulfilling. My loving father had another view: “You cannot live an ordinary life, because you were not born for it, you are special and you have to take your skills and further develop them. Do not try to be ordinary, when you have the gifts to influence the world.” It was meaningless to argue with him. I got the message in few weeks to come.
Life went on. I have attracted great people to my life.  I have had several intensive special experiences. I got virtually introduced to Anthony Robbins and to Rhonda Byrne by a friend, managing director of a leading multinational Company, Jirka Pavlicek, who I have met by co-incidence after many years. I have also attracted to my life a great coach, Radvan Bahbouh, who helped me to deal with the death of my young sister. The pain of her five-years- struggle for life and then actual death from cancer in our presence bothered me for a long time. I started to understand the laws of the nature, the laws of this Universe. I got inspired by many clever books and by many hi-profile people I met during consulting, special occasions or in a Business club. Soon I started to feel content and happy inside. I started to smile like a kid and enjoy every small moment of each day. Those who see me playing golf that I enjoy ever since, may be surprised how naturally happy I can be with Par. That is still not so frequent for me, but improving. And I am committed.
Some people are suspicious, because my positive mind goes directly against their beliefs. People without jobs should feel miserable and depressed, some of them thought. The typical question I used to get was: “How could you be so happy, not working - you – workaholic?”
I am now only in the process of finding the pieces of my life destiny, the dots have still to be connected. I have stayed firm and decided for myself. Do I take this event as a professional funeral of myself or do I take it as a huge opportunity to finally devote my time to meaningful things? The hot high profile CEO jobs are not nowadays in high supply due to crisis, but this cannot stop me from working full time from home, as a freelance strategic consultant, speaker or writer. I love to contribute and to improve the status quo. I love to move things forward.
The road in front of me is unknown. I still try to figure out how I can impact this world in bigger scale. But I am happy and content. I feel again I am myself. I am able to smile and to find the source for laugh from small things in life. I am able to give the meaning to the message I have been sending during the previous years to everybody: “Enjoy your day!”
The pleasure is waiting, even for you, at any circumstances.  It is just up to you if you take it!
 “Your purpose is what you say it is. Your mission is the mission you give yourself. Your life will be what you create it as and no one will stay in judgment of it now or ever.” Neale Donald Walsch.
“Your inner happiness is the fuel of your success.” Dr. John Hagelin PhD

"Sometimes life's going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith. I'm convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You've got to find what you love." Steve Jobs

1 comment:

  1. Možný scénář. V životní realitě, pokud žena zapojí své chtění, tak dokáže oblbnout jakéhokoliv chlapa na světě. Mají životně odzkoušeno, že manipulovat skrytě, pomocí chlapů, je pro ně mohem výhodnější, než se účastnit přímých konkurenčních střetů mezi sebou navzájem. Jen málokdy se o reálných motivacích některých "nelogických" rozhodnutí dozvíme. Jako například zde, za použití chlapa v roli ministra. : http://www.ct24.cz/domaci/106824-barta-odvolal-namestkyni-schautovou-zodpovednou-za-galileo/

    Jsou to běžné, normální a standardně využívané techniky ženami v jakékoliv kultuře. Pouze spekuluji, jestli nemohl být tento model použit "nějakou ženou v pozadí" i v popisovaném příběhu. Ale jako jev, myslím že je to docela zajímavé, poučné a rozhodně ne ojedinělé.

    ReplyDelete