Monday, February 28, 2011

The Art of Forgiving in Highly Competitive Business World

I have heard it many times before: „You have to forgive people for what they have done to you, even if they were driven by evil, non-ethics behaviours, damaging you or the work you have done.“ Easily said, but I have never understood: "How come I can be so generous to somebody who is mean to me?" Studying many clever books I have got the idea.
The more I was thinking about that “nasty” person, the more I have accumulated my anger inside myself. The more I tried to escape, the more I was trapped. The fact that I refused to forgive meant that the burden lied on my shoulders not on his ones. The wounds on my feelings, when not dealt with, became inflamed. Only when I started to pay attention to my negative emotions and deal with them in positive way, I could free myself up.
I started to define the new meaning of forgiveness for myself – by forgiving I am actually not agreeing with that person behavior, I am not supporting his or her wrong-doing, I am not forgetting what he or she has done. I am just not enabling them to control my life. I am just not going to live their own nightmare. Because I am sure that those who are causing harm to others were themselves hurt in the past.  They are neither happy nor they live a fulfilled life. Their wrongdoing will reach them sooner or later anyhow.

Forgiving is opening a way for own rich positive life.
Forgiving is one of the most difficult things, especially in the very competitive and tough business world, but when mastered well, it can bring us up to the new heights.
Forgiveness is primarily for our own sake, so that we no longer carry the burden of resentment. But to forgive does not mean we will allow injustice again." Jack Kornfield

 „The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the atribute of the strong.“ Mahatma Gandhi
„The stupid neither forgive nor forget, the naive forgive and forget, the wise forgive but do not forget.“ Thomas S. Szasz (Hungarian Professor of Psychiatry)

No comments:

Post a Comment